Trust Our Experienced Legal Counsel
Mr. Moyers is a trial attorney, who represents insurers, individuals, and businesses in the defense of automobile, commercial carrier, product liability, and premises liability claims in state and federal courts throughout Virginia. Mr. Moyers counsels and advises insurers on matters of Virginia insurance law, including arson, fraud, material misrepresentation, bad faith and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. He represents insurers and insureds in insurance coverage disputes. As a complement to his litigation practice, Mr. Moyers has been a frequent writer and speaker on issues relative to his areas of expertise.
Prior to joining Frankl Miller Webb & Moyers LLP, Mr. Moyers was a partner with Gentry Locke Rakes & Moore, LLP, where he chaired the firm's product liability practice group.
In his spare time, Mr. Moyers enjoys spending time with his family and rooting on his beloved Virginia Cavaliers, Philadelphia Phillies, and Philadelphia Eagles
Honors and Professional Associations
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Immediate Past-President, 2022-present
- President, 2021-2022
- President-Elect. 2020-2021
- Treasurer, 2019-20
- Secretary, 2018-19
- Board of Directors, 2015 to Present
- Auto & Transportation Liability Section, Chair, 2014-2015
- Auto & Transportation Liability Section, Vice-Chair, 2013-14
- Policy Coverage Section, Chair, 2003-04
- Policy Coverage Section, Vice-Chair, 2002-03
- Defense Research Institute
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- Roanoke Bar Association
- Virginia Lawyers Weekly, Leader in the Law, 2021
- Virginia Super Lawyer, Civil Litigation: Defense, 2016-21
- Best Lawyers in America, Personal Injury Litigation: Defendants. 2020, 2021
- Legal Elite, Virginia Business, 2020
Publications & Presentations
- “Statutory Construction Deconstructed: Divining and Giving Effect to the General Assembly’s Intent,” Journal of Civil Litigation, Vol. XXVIII, No. 4 (Winter 2016-17).
- “The 2003 Virginia Viatical Settlements Act,” Journal of Civil Litigation, Vol. XV, No. 1 (Spring 2003).
- “Giving Credit Where Credit is Due: The Impact of the New Optional Nature of the UM/UIM Credit for a Tortfeasor’s Liability Coverage,” VADA Spring Sections Seminar (May 5, 2023).
- “Through the Eyes of the Insured,” VADA Lunch & Learn (Apr. 14, 2021).
- “Through the Eyes of the Insured: The Defense of a Civil Lawsuit,” VADA Annual Meeting (Oct. 4, 2019).
- “Autonomous Vehicles in the Commonwealth of Virginia,” Roanoke Valley Paralegal Association (Mar. 14, 2019).
- “A Driverless World: Legal and Insurance Implications of Autonomous Vehicles,” VADA Annual Meeting (Oct. 11, 2018).
- “How to Try a Case in General District Court,” VADA Young Associates Boot Camp (Dec. 1, 2017).
- “Coming Soon to a Code Volume Near You: The Latest from the 2015 Virginia General Assembly,” VADA Spring Sections Seminar (May 8, 2015).
- Virginia, 1995
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia
- J.D. - 1995
- Roanoke College, Salem, Virginia
- B.A. - 1992
- Honors: cum laude
- Insurance Defense
- Personal Injury
- Automobile Liability Claims
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Trucking And Transportation
- Roanoke Regional Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Roanoke Valley Graduate, 2004